Found in MLK’s “I have a Dream” speech.
I find it unfortunate that this is still pretty relevant and accurate day. How much has really changed?
- we now have the right to vote
schools are desegregatedtbd.
Let’s take a look at what hasn’t changed:
- Black people are still considered lesser than
- modern Jim Crow http://newjimcrow.com/about
- modern segregation http://www.epi.org/publication/modern-segregation/
- police brutality against Black people
Though some people are finding things more and more hopeless, I do believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And belief in God is my reason to hold that as true.
Reason to Believe
However, In middle school, teachers used to look around my classroom as this time (usually full of kids of multiple races) and say: look at how Martin Luther King’s dream came true! But did it? If the King were resurrected today would he sit back and be content? Probably not. Maybe being at a PWI has made me super sensitive, but from where I’m sitting,
The Negro is Still Not Free .